Are you our new Customer Support Officer?
If you enjoy building relationships, are a stickler for attention to detail and enjoy generating ideas, we want to hear from you.
Customer Support Officer Job Summary
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a major role in a rapidly growing Edtech company. Working closely with our growing support team, you will be encouraged to enhance and grow your skills in a customer focused role.
Using our bespoke platform, you will be working alongside our Customer Success Manager to support our customers in maximising all the benefits our software brings. You will build a relationship with the school and provide ongoing support to assist teachers in navigating our platform, offering advice on how to use our trackers to identify ways of raising student achievement.
We will train you to use Hubspot, our Customer Management and Service System, to manage all aspects of customer support. You will provide teachers with online training that will support them with all aspects of tracking, reporting, and analysis.
As part of our highly experienced customer success team, you will be responsible for all aspects of customer support, including contributing to future developments, producing support material and developing systems to increase efficiency. By advising on new developments and reporting back on user experience you will be instrumental in the ongoing improvement of our platform.
Head of Customer Success & Implementation
In the founding team’s words:
This is an extremely exciting opportunity, not only is the business growing quickly, you will be exposed to a wide variety of different experiences, job roles and tasks that will provide a real opportunity for responsibility and project ownership with fast progression.
We have learned to be adaptive and agile and will rely on your growing expertise, welcoming feedback, suggestions and ideas. You will be working with highly experienced and motivated leaders in a company where no-one operates as an individual – “We all take responsibility for the success of the company”. Barnaby Grimble (Chief Product Officer)
Pupil Progress was started six years ago by two experienced secondary school senior leaders with a mission to transform the way data is used in education.
We have built a company with a web-based platform that supports thousands of teachers in all aspects of assessment tracking, reporting and analysis. We give teachers confidence in their data so they can make the decisions to improve their teaching strategies and unlock their students’ potential.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Supporting new customers to set up their accounts
- First point of contact for customer support requests
- Deliver training calls and webinars to new and existing customers
- Take actions to maintain high resubscription rates after reviewing analysis data with Customer Support Lead
- Create training videos and systems to help customer engage with all features of the platform
- Develop additional material and communications that improve the user engagement
- Liaise with tech team on required developments and updates
- Provide support to teachers with getting to grips with the platform and supporting them to get the most out of our website
- Use interlinked software such as Hubspot (training will be given) to manage customer database and interactions
What you’ll need:
We are looking for bright, self-motivated, dynamic individuals meeting the following criteria:
- Minimum 2:2 degree in any discipline, or experience in tech-based customer support
- A strong communicator and listener
- Confident IT skills, with the ability and desire to learn new technological systems
- A high standard of personal performance and responsibility
- A problem solver with a flexible, open approach: with the shifting nature of the emerging needs of the company, we are looking for someone who is able and happy to adapt their role, demonstrating an eagerness to learn new skills to ensure we as a team are able to meet the needs of the business and our customer base.
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- The ability to pay attention to detail
- Someone who shows initiative, but is not afraid to ask for help
- Some experience of a customer-facing role would be beneficial
- A team player
- Attention to detail – you take great care with tasks and have a respect for craftsmanship, for doing things properly and for complying with policies and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills – the ability to appreciate another person’s motivational and emotional needs so that you develop effective working relationships with others both inside and outside the organisation.
- Motivation – you are a self-starter who has the drive and aspiration to make the most of any opportunities to showcase your talents. Being results-oriented, you willingly accept personal responsibility for your contribution to the support team’s goals and are determined to see things through to a successful conclusion.
- Self-confidence – you are optimistic and upbeat in your outlook, and you are composed and self-assured, readily expressing your ideas and opinions in a manner that inspires confidence in others
- Analytical – you have a systematic and considered problem-solving style, and you will critically evaluate information from various sources and question the efficacy of different proposals or solutions.
- Creative – you are curious and have lots of ideas and you are a resourceful problem solver
The salary will range from £20,000 to £26,000, depending on experience level
- Mon-Fri 9-5.30pm, office-based in central Brighton (by station)
- Opportunity for flexible and remote working long term
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays as standard
- Flexible and remote working opportunities long term
- Mentoring from a leader with education and business experience
- Opportunity to experience a range of roles and build your skills and interest
- Opportunity to get into the early stages of a rapidly growing company
- Direct access to the company’s founders
- A role with real responsibility from the start
- Working from a central Brighton office location with access to our Central London hub offices
- 1 additional day leave added for every year served up to five years
This role will be recruited remotely, using Zoom video conferencing to host a 2-stage interview process. A face to face interview will be required for the final stage of the hiring process.
The hiring process may also include a task that replicates activities that will be within your core responsibilities.
Please email your CV and covering email to our Head of Customer Success & Implementation, Alistair Feest: firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business, Friday 10th Feb 2023.